Welcome to Oak Class 2018/19
Teacher: Mrs Curthoys
Teaching Assistant: Mr Weston
Here is some information that you may find useful this year:
- Our PE days are Monday and Friday. Please ensure that your child has the correct PE kit on these days. Red polo shirt and black shorts (Black tracksuit bottoms for winter months).
- Your child will need a water bottle which they can access throughout the day. It is always helpful if it is labelled.
- Each child will have their own drawer to keep their belongings in e.g pencil case, reading books.
- Please remember to fill in a form to let us know if somebody else is collecting your child or if they are able to make their own way home.
Mrs Curthoys Mr Weston
Here are some top tips in the run up to SATS
- Support your child with their homework,
- Reassure them and be positive – all we ask is they try their best.
- Practise questions from SATS revision books such as the CGP series or Rising Stars. (Select certain questions to do, rather than complete a whole paper in one go.)
- Ensure that your child reads daily and ask open-ended questions about their reading, checking comprehension and developing analysis skills.
- Practise times tables, basic operations and calculations.
- Practise knowledge of different word classes and grammar.
Most importantly, in the run up to SATs, it is vital that your child has early nights, fresh air and a good breakfast!